Pages

Thursday 12 November 2015

Inspired by history

One of the things that inspire me is visiting historical places. I’ve always wondered what lies in the remote corners of our planet, in distant countries and unmapped settlements that still remain a mystery for the world. But most of all I was interested in the old monuments of culture, architecture and religion. And that path led me to the sands of Jerusalem…

A journey to the East

One day I stumbled upon pictures of the Wailing Wall in the internet. Of course, I heard about it before, but those photos really caught my eye. The Wailing Wall is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. Even in the photographs you can feel the special atmosphere surrounding this place. At all times, it has been a sanctuary of Jewish people and an important destination for pilgrims from all over the world. I decided to see the Wall with my own eyes. What can I say, it was incredible. Seeing the Wall rising right in front of me, so ancient and noble, was like going back in time. My hands grope for the camera and I froze in terror – I was in such a hurry that I forgot it in the hotel! Flying across the ocean and failing to take photos of the very place I wanted to see so much! I felt so miserable! But not for long…

A sudden finding

I returned to the hotel in a terrible mood. To cheer myself up, I made a cup of strong coffee and started googling… And there it was, a picture of the Wailing Wall I was hoping to capture! Actually, it was a painting by an artist whose name I’ve never heard before – Leonid Afremov. Here it is http://afremov.com/WAILING-WALL-PALETTE-KNIFE-Oil-Painting-On-Canvas-By-Leonid-Afremov-Size-30-x40.html. I’m not much into canvas wall art, but that image was fascinating! As I learned later, Leonid Afremov runs his own website where you can find a wide choice of canvas wall art, contemporary pictures and other interesting stuff.

That’s what I like most about his works:

   • Unusual style of painting
   • Bright colors that enhance the impression
   • Large variety of paintings on any subject


Contemporary wall art on canvas is incredibly versatile. There are many names you should know and Leonid Afremov is one of them. This is a unique and bright talent.  What he paints is not places or objects. He paints emotions. And that’s what makes his works so valuable. So if you are looking for large contemporary canvas wall art to decorate your room, the painting of the Wailing Wall might be a perfect choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment