Pages

Monday 9 November 2015

New themes and ideas from around the world

The quest of finding themes and ideas for new photos has always been part of my creative process. It can be just about anything: a lonely tree in the park, an abandoned old house or a busy city street. Any situation that can be interpreted in an unusual and interesting way. That’s why I’m always in search of fresh impressions. My job allows me to travel a lot. And each trip provides me with plenty of ideas. I also try keep up with the latest event in the field of art. Luckily, many well-known magazines and newspapers have their own websites that make this task a lot easier. I few days ago, I read about a duo of artists performing interesting installations http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/25/arts/design/art-that-lets-you-walk-on-water.html?ref=arts&_r=0 Unexpected findings in the works of these people are striking in their simplicity and originality. They really call for a dialogue with the viewer! The artists travel with their installations from country to country. Sometimes they have to wait for years to realize their projects. It has always surprised me how artists see usual things and objects. After all, art involves us not only visually, but emotionally as well. This is how usual things become unusual. It’s absolutely incredible!


No comments:

Post a Comment